Media Branch - Success with Recording

Hi all,

I wanted to report that I was able to successfully compile the media
branch, and did my first recording. It works!

There were absolutely no issues. Code compiled cleanly and the BasicExample
worked to the spec. I will upload some of the recorded videos (need to
convert them from mkv to mp4) to dropbox or other share sites soon.

Congratulations are in order for the Licode team for their excellent work.

Best Regards,

John

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am converting mkv to webm using one of the
following commands:

ffmpeg -i /tmp/xyz.mkv -c:v copy -b:v 60k -c:a libvorbis /tmp/xyz.webm
or
ffmpeg -i /tmp/xyz.mkv -c:v copy -qscale:a 6 -c:a libvorbis -f webm
/tmp/xyz.webm

Only problem I am facing is: Sometime transcoded video doesn’t play on
Google Chrome. However it always works on Firefox. Looking at the ffprobe
doesn’t give any clue. Can you help me understand, why it is happening
intermittently? And it would be great, if you could suggest me some
solution.

Thanks,
ArnavOn Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:12:57 PM UTC+5:30, Pedro Rodriguez wrote:

Hi!

John, We are happy to hear it worked for you :slight_smile: As you say, the container
used is mkv as we are using vp8+pcmu8 and is the only container we could
use at this time. However it is quite easy to transcode it to mp4/webm with
avconv/ffmpeg. Going to webm is superfast as you can just copy the video
stream and encode the audio.

@Dennis: In our tests it worked flawlessly with Firefox. We will try to
keep this branch up-to-date with the cleanup branch.

We are expecting some problems when recording in lossy/low bandwith
connections, in our tests video glitches/audio cuts appear, we are working
on it.
Please share any issues you have, we still have some improvements to make
and all the information we can get is really valuable.

Thanks to all of you in advance! :smiley:

Cheers!

Pedro Rodriguez

On 19 de septiembre de 2013 at 09:49:57, Dennis Mårtensson (m...@dennis.is<javascript:>) wrote:

Hi All,

Thats very good news John.

Do the Media branch work whit firefox? I will try to switch later today!

Best

Dennis

Dennis Mårtensson
+46768670934
m...@dennis.is <javascript:>

QR code for reading contact data in to phone.

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 3:28 , John S. wrote:

Hi all,

I wanted to report that I was able to successfully compile the media
branch, and did my first recording. It works!

There were absolutely no issues. Code compiled cleanly and the
BasicExample worked to the spec. I will upload some of the recorded videos
(need to convert them from mkv to mp4) to dropbox or other share sites soon.

Congratulations are in order for the Licode team for their excellent work.

Best Regards,

John


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"lynckia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lynckia+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"lynckia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lynckia+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi!

John, We are happy to hear it worked for you :slight_smile: As you say, the container used is mkv as we are using vp8+pcmu8 and is the only container we could use at this time. However it is quite easy to transcode it to mp4/webm with avconv/ffmpeg. Going to webm is superfast as you can just copy the video stream and encode the audio.

@Dennis: In our tests it worked flawlessly with Firefox. We will try to keep this branch up-to-date with the cleanup branch.

We are expecting some problems when recording in lossy/low bandwith connections, in our tests video glitches/audio cuts appear, we are working on it.
Please share any issues you have, we still have some improvements to make and all the information we can get is really valuable.

Thanks to all of you in advance! :smiley:

Cheers! –
Pedro Rodriguez

On 19 de septiembre de 2013 at 09:49:57, Dennis Mårtensson (me@dennis.is) wrote:

Hi All,

Thats very good news John.

Do the Media branch work whit firefox? I will try to switch later today!

Best

Dennis

Dennis Mårtensson
+46768670934
me@dennis.is

QR code for reading contact data in to phone.

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 3:28 , John S. wrote:

Hi all,

I wanted to report that I was able to successfully compile the media branch, and did my first recording. It works!

There were absolutely no issues. Code compiled cleanly and the BasicExample worked to the spec. I will upload some of the recorded videos (need to convert them from mkv to mp4) to dropbox or other share sites soon.

Congratulations are in order for the Licode team for their excellent work.

Best Regards,

John

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “lynckia” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lynckia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “lynckia” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lynckia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi All,

Thats very good news John.

Do the Media branch work whit firefox? I will try to switch later today!

Best

Dennis

Dennis Mårtensson
+46768670934
me@dennis.is

QR code for reading contact data in to phone.On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 3:28 , John S. wrote:

Hi all,

I wanted to report that I was able to successfully compile the media branch, and did my first recording. It works!

There were absolutely no issues. Code compiled cleanly and the BasicExample worked to the spec. I will upload some of the recorded videos (need to convert them from mkv to mp4) to dropbox or other share sites soon.

Congratulations are in order for the Licode team for their excellent work.

Best Regards,

John

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “lynckia” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lynckia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com (mailto:lynckia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com).
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Pedro,

Definitely will be testing and posting issues as I uncover them. BTW,
tried covering the mkv to webm using the following command with no luck.

avconv -i recording88410590961575500.mkv -acodec vorbis -strict
experimental test.webm

Can you share the right command for conversion please.

Thanks.

JohnOn Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:42:57 AM UTC-7, Pedro Rodriguez wrote:

Hi!

John, We are happy to hear it worked for you :slight_smile: As you say, the container
used is mkv as we are using vp8+pcmu8 and is the only container we could
use at this time. However it is quite easy to transcode it to mp4/webm with
avconv/ffmpeg. Going to webm is superfast as you can just copy the video
stream and encode the audio.

@Dennis: In our tests it worked flawlessly with Firefox. We will try to
keep this branch up-to-date with the cleanup branch.

We are expecting some problems when recording in lossy/low bandwith
connections, in our tests video glitches/audio cuts appear, we are working
on it.
Please share any issues you have, we still have some improvements to make
and all the information we can get is really valuable.

Thanks to all of you in advance! :smiley:

Cheers!

Pedro Rodriguez

On 19 de septiembre de 2013 at 09:49:57, Dennis Mårtensson (m...@dennis.is<javascript:>) wrote:

Hi All,

Thats very good news John.

Do the Media branch work whit firefox? I will try to switch later today!

Best

Dennis

Dennis Mårtensson
+46768670934
m...@dennis.is <javascript:>

QR code for reading contact data in to phone.

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 3:28 , John S. wrote:

Hi all,

I wanted to report that I was able to successfully compile the media
branch, and did my first recording. It works!

There were absolutely no issues. Code compiled cleanly and the
BasicExample worked to the spec. I will upload some of the recorded videos
(need to convert them from mkv to mp4) to dropbox or other share sites soon.

Congratulations are in order for the Licode team for their excellent work.

Best Regards,

John


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"lynckia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lynckia+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"lynckia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lynckia+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.