Enabling simulcast always publish with lower quality on chrome v 75 onwards

Hello,
I tried simulcast with three layers on chrome 77, but am not able to get all three layers. Highest layer I get is 360P though max b/w is set as 4MB in both client and server configs. Also resolution is set as 720P.
chrome statistics (webrtc internals) says camera is generating 720p frames but what is encoded and sent is 360P.
Any idea why am not getting HD even though my server and client in I Gbps high speed lan.
Note:: Simulcast works perfectly fine till chrome 74 publishing all three video layers.
Thanks
Boby

1. Double-check min/max BW configurations, Licode had a bug with default values: https://github.com/lynckia/licode/issues/1434
  2. Do you use latest version of licode from master? after changes in Chrome, licode’s team did a lot of fixes
  3. Do you have network problems ? Any drops, FIR, PLI in Webrtc internals ?
  4. Try to play with layers: set 2 with the same BW and resolution
  5. Licode added new feature to set BW for each layer, try it.

Thanks Valerly for the reply, Please find my answers to your questions.

1. Double-check min/max BW configurations, Licode had a bug with default values:
    << BOBY: using the latest code and max configured as 4Mbps >>
  2. Do you use latest version of licode from master? after changes in Chrome, licode’s team did a lot of fixes
    << BOBY: yest from licode master few days back >>
    3.Do you have network problems ? Any drops, FIR, PLI in Webrtc internals ?
    <<BOBY: No loss as such … Server and client running on same 1 Gbps LAN." >>
  3. Try to play with layers: set 2 with the same BW and resolution
    <<BOBY : With two layers , seeing different result: am getting only one spatial layer with 360P and three temporal layers" >>
  4. Licode added new feature to set BW for each layer, try it
    << BOBY : did not help much with each layer b/w settings >>
    As pedro requested, I opened bug in git repo . https://github.com/lynckia/licode/issues/1459 I attached webrtc internals page there for refernce

@Valeriy , I am able to publish all 3 layers after configuring layer bitrate as you suggested. Thanks for the help :slightly_smiling_face: