Is speaker's video affected when subscriber subscribes only audio?

I understand that if a subscriber has a bad network then speaker’s video gets downgraded to support subscriber’s bandwidth. However, if a subscriber subscribes to speaker’s audio only and does not subscribe to speaker’s video, would speaker’s video still get downgraded?

Thank you!

I can’t say for sure what’s happening if the subscribers are audio only. The best thing you can do is to enable simulcast, so Licode will try to get the best result from the publisher even if no subscribers are present.

@Francesco_Durighetto Thank you for the suggestion.

Note: Simulcast only works with Google Chrome and it’s not compatible with Licode’s recording yet.
Source: Client API - Documentation

I don’t think it will help. Official Licode document suggests that recording doesn’t work with simulcast.

I think it was integrated last month by Licode team:

https://github.com/lynckia/licode/pull/1127

@Francesco_Durighetto @jcague @pedro

Your documentation here suggests: Client API - Documentation

Note: Simulcast only works with Google Chrome and it’s not compatible with Licode’s recording yet.

1. Can you please update your documentation on how to record simulcast?
  2. Has this been pushed to licode’s docker: Docker

Thank you for your help!
Rohit

You don’t have to change anything to record in simulcast, provided you update to a recent version of the code. We will update the documentation to remove that warning.

Yes, every merged PR is submitted as a new image in docker with a different tag, you will have to choose which tag you want, though as we still don’t have release v5 . v4 does not include the recording improvements. develop is the latest code but beware it may not always be stable and it will change with every PR.

Thank you @pedro I will give it a try. Best!