I’m a Kurento user but i’ve grown quite unsatisfied with it these last few months so I am looking into alternatives, and Licode looks promising, but since my system is already in production I need to consider carefully what technologies to replace Kurento with. Therefore I have a few questions:
- Can Licode be used with IP Cams (RTSP -> WebRTC)
- In the scenario of one to many (one broadcaster, multiple viewers), are there any limits? Do you have some numbers available as to what kind of load these type of calls can handle? I do realize this depends a lot on the hardware of the server so for example a server with 8 Core CPU and 8GB RAM would be able to handle what kind of traffic load?
- Can Licode do two-way calls (both users see each other)?
- Can a broadcaster stream in HD and Full HD or Licode will cap the bitrate transmitted?
- Is Licode able to scale horizontally? If so how does it work? Is there any documentation regarding that?
- Can the TURN server address be configured dynamically?
- Are there more examples besides the 4 found here: https://chotis2.dit.upm.es/ ?
Also just a heads up, the menu on the examples page contains a Roadmap link (http://lynckia.com/licode/roadmap.html) that is dead.